An Invitation to my 120th Birthday Celebration.

After 39 years of teaching, my last words to my students on that final day came in the form of an invitation: "You're all invited to my 120th Birthday. Celebrate it by skiing with me." I think it was Sara who shot up her hand saying: "Wait, wait." (pausing for a quick calculation) "I'll be 77 years old!"
"Don't worry." says I, "I'll slow down for you!"

"Never limit yourself." had been an underlying lesson for my students. I realized that I'd need to engineer a comprehensive plan for myself to optimize the quality of my life to 120 and Beyond.

In order to take good care of your brain for the long game, begin by taking mindful care of your body. Read on to chart your own course for 120 and Beyond.


Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Science of Cells That Never Get Old.

Telomeres found at the ends of your chromosomes protect them from the wear and tear of cell duplication, but they get shorter over one's lifetime. Once telomere protective "caps" are gone, cells no longer function properly and die.


While certain factors shorten telomere length like chronic stress and how it is percieved, you will learn from this Ted Talk by Molecular Biologist Dr. Elizabeth Blackburn, how to protect your telomeres and increase your Health Span
Click HERE to begin. Skip to 1:51 minutes.

 

"Tight knit communities, being in a marriage long term, and life long friendships all improve telomere maintenance."




No comments:

Post a Comment