An Invitation to my 120th Birthday Celebration.

After 39 years of teaching, my last words to my students on that final day came in the form of an invitation: "You're all invited to my 120th Birthday. Celebrate it by skiing with me." I think it was Sara who shot up her hand saying: "Wait, wait." (pausing for a quick calculation) "I'll be 77 years old!"
"Don't worry." says I, "I'll slow down for you!"

"Never limit yourself." had been an underlying lesson for my students. I realized that I'd need to engineer a comprehensive plan for myself to optimize the quality of my life to 120 and Beyond.

In order to take good care of your brain for the long game, begin by taking mindful care of your body. Read on to chart your own course for 120 and Beyond.


Saturday, February 16, 2019

Ikigai

Japanese Proverb: "Only staying active will make you want to live 100 years."

Ikigai is The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life.

Here is a half Japanese Proverb:
"Only staying active will make you want to live 120 Years and Beyond."
I'm half Japanese, so when I pen a proverb....

Patricia and I just returned from our Kimono Wedding in the country listed as #1 for the longest living physically active people in the world.  We will tell you what we found in the posts to come.  In the meantime, the book below dives into the secret to a Long and Active Happy Life. Get it now, we'll read it together. Let's start a 120 and Beyond Book Club!

We will show you how to build an Ikigai Community where you live.



Credit:  Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles

How to build your own 120 and Beyond Active Community.
Tip # 1 Find a Tai Chi Group or start your own. Get your group together and Tai Chi along with our Master Vince (see video link below).

Click HERE for a Tai Chi Video Lesson #1
Once you've watched this video, search YouTube for Vince McCoullagh Tai Chi for more.

"Ikigai: The Happiness of Always Being Busy."




Tip # 2  Take cardio walks around the block, on the beach, along a river, up a ridge or find a spin class.
Recommendation:   If you're in Orange County, California, 
Emeritus Program and Catalog
 



Tip # 3 The pillars of the 120 and Beyond philosophy: Build Community, Remain Physically Active, Engage in regular social interactions. Your nearest Community College is a largely unknown source of activities useful in building your Ikigai. 



No comments:

Post a Comment