An Invitation to my 120th Birthday Celebration.

After 39 years of teaching, my last words to my students on that final day came in the form of an invitation: "You're all invited to my 120th Birthday. Celebrate it by skiing with me." I think it was Sara who shot up her hand saying: "Wait, wait." (pausing for a quick calculation) "I'll be 77 years old!"
"Don't worry." says I, "I'll slow down for you!"

"Never limit yourself." had been an underlying lesson for my students. I realized that I'd need to engineer a comprehensive plan for myself to optimize the quality of my life to 120 and Beyond.

In order to take good care of your brain for the long game, begin by taking mindful care of your body. Read on to chart your own course for 120 and Beyond.


Tuesday, February 12, 2019

How experiences create new Neural Pathways...

Taking care of your brain starts with understanding what's going on inside your cranial cavity.  You have 1,450 cubic centimeters of cranial space filled with neural tissue in a well protected "vault".  Let's take a look inside.

Click HERE for the interactive version.





New experiences create new Neural Pathways... which is why I'm taking a new Tai Chi class and learning Japanese, and Chinese, and Italian, and looking to join a calligraphy class, and listening to digital books and science podcasts. I plan to start learning how to play the guitar one day soon, and make time for a bookclub. (Have you read? Hitching Rides with Buddha, by William Ferguson).  New experiences, new learning, new neural pathways!



No comments:

Post a Comment