An Invitation to my 120th Birthday Celebration.

After 39 years of teaching, my last words to my students on that final day came in the form of an invitation: "You're all invited to my 120th Birthday. Celebrate it by skiing with me." I think it was Sara who shot up her hand saying: "Wait, wait." (pausing for a quick calculation) "I'll be 77 years old!"
"Don't worry." says I, "I'll slow down for you!"

"Never limit yourself." had been an underlying lesson for my students. I realized that I'd need to engineer a comprehensive plan for myself to optimize the quality of my life to 120 and Beyond.

In order to take good care of your brain for the long game, begin by taking mindful care of your body. Read on to chart your own course for 120 and Beyond.


Wednesday, September 28, 2022

# 3: IS AN EARLY DINNER BETTER FOR A LONGER HEALTHSPAN?

 Click HERE for the ANSWER FROM JOHNS HOPKINS**

I’ll be 75 in a few days. 

But today, I’m planning my 100th birthday party.  You are all invited to join us for a week of skiing. As for the years inbetween, as my basketball Coach Bogdanoff would say: 

“Position is everything.”

Doing the math gives me 25 years to plan the festivities. (Scroll down for the details.)

In the meantime, I’m following a few simple “best practices” to position myself for a longer health span to make that dream come true.

Using my own science based metric, “each day your dinner is taken early (4-6pm) adds an extra day to your health span.


Which brings us back to the latest research at Johns Hopkins....


The Executive Summary:

“Johns Hopkins Medicine researchers studied 20 healthy volunteers by giving them a meal at a traditional hour (6 p.m.) or a meal at a later time of the day (10 p.m.). They found that when people ate later, they had higher spikes in blood sugar, slower fat breakdown and even increases in the stress hormone cortisol, believed to be a factor in promoting weight gain. When they looked more closely at different responses to the late meal, they found that people who normally went to bed early — so-called "early birds" — experienced an even bigger impact from eating late.”



**Footnote:    All the resources used in my blogs are highly vetted to bring to readers the most reliable information.




No comments:

Post a Comment