An Invitation to my 120th Birthday Celebration.

After 39 years of teaching, my last words to my students on that final day came in the form of an invitation: "You're all invited to my 120th Birthday. Celebrate it by skiing with me." I think it was Sara who shot up her hand saying: "Wait, wait." (pausing for a quick calculation) "I'll be 77 years old!"
"Don't worry." says I, "I'll slow down for you!"

"Never limit yourself." had been an underlying lesson for my students. I realized that I'd need to engineer a comprehensive plan for myself to optimize the quality of my life to 120 and Beyond.

In order to take good care of your brain for the long game, begin by taking mindful care of your body. Read on to chart your own course for 120 and Beyond.


Monday, June 14, 2010

Old School.

Think of the oldest person you've ever seen. Zoom in on that image. Now dissolve that old school image because a very high quality of life is now available to you, one that will allow you to hike, dance the tango, ski or engage in other physical activities on your 120th birthday and beyond while enjoying a high quality of life along the way.


The speaker, Aubrey de Grey is Chief Science Officer of the SENS Foundation (Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence). SENS is one of the many sources you'll be hearing from in the years to come.

Here is a prime example of Grey's point of view.
Kevin Stone treats joint injury using the new developments in bio-medicine: reconstructing damaged tissue or replacing whole joint parts, with lab-grown ligaments and cartilage, hereby ushering in the transition from hardware prosthetics like an artificial knee to FDA approved bio replacement using your own stem cells. These developments will prevent arthritis from immobilizing millions of active people.




As you follow this blog, you'll pick up clues that will position you for a lifetime where every day is better than the last. In the clip below, Daniel Kraft, pediatric cancer doctor, introduces the idea of banking your younger, healthier stems cells for use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment